It's a baby!

It's a baby!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Discovery

I went to a creative movement for birth class last night and I learned something very important - super pregnant ladies freak me out!!!!!! As soon as I went into the room and saw several ladies about to pop I got all dizzy and almost had to put my head between my knees (good luck with that, right?). It took me almost an hour before I could look one in the eye.

I'm actually glad that I discovered this now, because I have time to work on it. Actually, during the whole class I got more and more comfortable with where I was and I asked myself what the heck was going on. I realized that until last night I never EVER thought about labor. So many oh-so-helpful (snort) ladies have told me tons of horrible stories that just left me completely shut down about the idea to the point where being in the same room as some lady about to pop almost sends me into convulsions. Not ideal.

Fortunately for me the whole class was focused toward joy and strength instead of "And then THIS is probably gonna happen! HaHaHa!" So by the time it was over I felt kinda like, "Hey, I can totally do this and it might even be kinda cool." Instead of, "Soon I'll be going to the birthing center where something super scary that I won't think about will happen and then I'll come out with my fuzzling in my hot little hands, woot."

Conclusion: Midwifery Center birthing classes are good, well meaning ladies with horror stories to tell need to be tazered.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that is why memaw always told me they found me in the the cabbage patch.

    ReplyDelete