It's a baby!

It's a baby!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Discovery

I went to a creative movement for birth class last night and I learned something very important - super pregnant ladies freak me out!!!!!! As soon as I went into the room and saw several ladies about to pop I got all dizzy and almost had to put my head between my knees (good luck with that, right?). It took me almost an hour before I could look one in the eye.

I'm actually glad that I discovered this now, because I have time to work on it. Actually, during the whole class I got more and more comfortable with where I was and I asked myself what the heck was going on. I realized that until last night I never EVER thought about labor. So many oh-so-helpful (snort) ladies have told me tons of horrible stories that just left me completely shut down about the idea to the point where being in the same room as some lady about to pop almost sends me into convulsions. Not ideal.

Fortunately for me the whole class was focused toward joy and strength instead of "And then THIS is probably gonna happen! HaHaHa!" So by the time it was over I felt kinda like, "Hey, I can totally do this and it might even be kinda cool." Instead of, "Soon I'll be going to the birthing center where something super scary that I won't think about will happen and then I'll come out with my fuzzling in my hot little hands, woot."

Conclusion: Midwifery Center birthing classes are good, well meaning ladies with horror stories to tell need to be tazered.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Being Pregnant Means...

When you say "I need to go to the bathroom." people don't continue on with a 20 minute long story and practically chase you into the bathroom in order to finish telling it. They say, "Oh yes, of course." and even point out the closest one. Sweet.

When you say "I'm tired." they don't ignore the comment and expect you to push through something exhausting and mind consuming. Actually they tend to get panicky and try to push you to the floor in order to immediately get you off your feet. Then they get you blanket and pillows and gummy bears. Rock on.

When you say "I really want some cake right now." They don't say, "For breakfast?" They start listing out all the different kinds of cake you could have from the closest locations. Sounds great, but is a little hard on the willpower.

When you say "My shoulder hurts a little." people don't expect you to take Advil and ignore it. Instead, you end up getting fought over by 2 chiropractors, a massage therapist, and a physical therapist who just want to fix the problem as quickly as possible so you don't even have to take Tylenol.

When you are having a hormonally unbalanced day, you get hugs and lovin's instead of the stink-eye.

Peeing all the time. ALL the time.

Getting to use the elevator at the parking garage without getting mean looks from people. Woot.

Always having someone to talk to or sing weird songs to that NEVER interrupts and gives you little kicks as a way of communicating his love for you. :cries:

Your family makes sure you know they love you all the time.

99% of people are just plain nicer to you than they normally would be. I like that part. And the 1% that is mean - for whatever reason- usually gets jumped all over by the other 99%. I rarely ever get to bust out my preggo-rage on anyone. (p.s. I hate the word preggo.)

Dear unborn fuzzling,
Had there been any resentment from the nonstop barfing and exhaustion of the first 4 months, it is all forgotten now. I cannot, however, speak for the birth. I can only assume the same will apply.
Love, Mom

Thursday, March 1, 2012


Yeah, being smart is totally overrated. When my mental faculties started going downhill from being pregnant, at first I was all like, "Oh no, how will I keep from stupiding myself to death?!" Now I'm all, "Yeah, I put my car keys in the toilet tank again, what of it?" (not a real example, unfortunately)

Maybe the hormones have just started to level out, but I find myself being able to spell again, which is nice. Verbal communication, on the other hand, still consists mostly of me trying to beam the image of what I am trying to convey directly into the other person's mind - that and wild and elaborate gesticulation, which can get kind of hilarious, especially if someone gets poked in the eye. Dan has become a pro at understanding me, even if I just say, "Snowblower!" He'll be all like, "Don't worry, there will be plenty of ice cream left when we get there." What a catch! Now that I know about his super pregnancy mind reading powers I will totally have more of his babies.

By the way, I like cats.