It's a baby!

It's a baby!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baby vs Kitty

I've found that if I take several days to write one if these instead of trying to do it all at once, I post more often. It does seem to mean a lot of my post will come out in list form for some reason.

Reasons I wanted a baby instead of another kitty:

They don't claw you when you try to snuggle them. (We still laugh about that one from time to time, you know, in between doctoring each others baby inflicted gashes.)
They eventually learn how to talk to you. (So far Shadow is still more verbally communicative than Xan, but people claim that this will change. We'll see.)
They can go fetch me a sandwich. (Complete hogwash, I've had this baby for months and I sit here totally sandwichless.)
They look like you. (I know some people who look like their cats, but not near as awesomely as Xan looks like me - or his dad.)
Way more socially acceptable to take them out in public with you. (People always stop me on the street and say "Wow that's a cute baby!" Rather than shy away whilst muttering about how the crazy cat lady must need more cat food and litter.)
A new friend! (Totally nailed that one, Xan is a great friend - silly, interesting, great listener. Couldn't ask for a better friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment