It's a baby!

It's a baby!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Other Side

So I made it through the actual production of this child. I find myself most pleased by the results. The actual delivery was nothing like what I expected - an event so gory that they'd have to rate it past NC 17 if someone tried to produce it. Instead it was fairly mello and, from what I've been told, a really easy birth - though at the time it felt like the hardest thing anyone anywhere ever has done in the history of doing things. Interesting fact - I had a freaking water birth - how wild is that? It's not that I was all, "I will forgo all drugs for the sake of my child." but more like, "they put a needle where? Eff that, Imma just do this thing in the water where it sucks the least." So for all the people that keep telling me they are impressed, in all honesty, I have serious fortitude in the face of a needle to the spine, so it's not as impressive as it sounds. What am I saying, everything I did that day was massively impressive, so carry on. BTW breast feeding is really cool and also super challenging, so any of you with experience let me know so I can pick your brains! Though for the moment Xan and I are managing pretty well. Ok, the child needs noms, I'll continue this tale another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment